Honda et la compétition
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -40%
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + ...
Voir le deal
29.99 €

muku
muku
Bavard

NEWS? : BAR offer Honda engines to Williams to keep Button Empty NEWS? : BAR offer Honda engines to Williams to keep Button

Mer 13 Juil - 11:51
I've found this article. Is it true??? Rolling Eyes Our Japanese comentator also mentioned that Japanese manufacturers may supply engines to Williams, the other day. It means it may be Toyota or Honda...

BAR offer Honda engines to Williams to keep Button
By Phil Huff - July 13 2005

BAR are set to offer the struggling Williams team a supply of Honda engines, but only if the Grove outfit drop their claim on Jenson Button.

The deal offered will see Williams supplied with Honda engines for 2006 to the same specification as those bolted on to the back of the BAR 008. However, Williams, currently supplied with engines by BMW, will have to relinquish all rights to Jenson Button.

A Honda engine deal would be worth in the region of $15 million, but BAR are prepared to spend far more than that to keep hold of Jenson. On top of the costs and logistical problems of an extra engine supply, the team are also ready to offer Jenson a $50 million contract over the next five years, propelling the Englishman to the top three earners in the sport.

It's understood that Williams now have the option to take Jenson for 2006, regardless of what the driver himself wants. A deal to swap engines for the driver could appeal to Williams as, as BAR's Nick Fry points out, "we have a Honda engine and we have Honda as half owners of the company and Williams don't appear to have an engine at the moment."

Button has made no secret of his desire to be in a car capable of winning the championship, and declaring recently that he believes he's the best driver in Formula One.

"I 100% don't think they [the other drivers] are as good as me," said Button. "That's only my opinion, but it is my opinion. I am not worried about anyone in F1 when it comes to challenging them if we have got equal equipment.

"It is not an ambition of mine to drive for any team. If Ferrari are the sixth or seventh best team next year I have no reason to be with them. I want to be with the best team, whoever it is."

BAR Honda's team chief Nick Fry is confident that BAR Honda will offer Jenson the chance he requires. "Jenson is a bright lad and he is not looking at today, he is looking at overall the next five years," said Fry.

"Honda are a company that has won 11 World Championships. At the end of the day he knows they are completely determined to win. We will give him the best chance to be Formula One World Champion - there is no doubt."

Despite recently claiming to be unable to supply a second team for 2006, Honda Racing Development's Otmar Szafnauer confirmed that extra capacity was pout in place earlier in the year should the situation arise.

"At the beginning of the year, when we had [engine supply] discussions we put the capacity in, but there will come a time when that will pass us by for next year," explains Szafnauer. "I don't quite know when that is or whether we have passed it already. The more time goes on, the less likely it becomes."

It's anticipated that confirmation one way or another will not be forthcoming until August.
iaka
iaka
Moulin à parole

NEWS? : BAR offer Honda engines to Williams to keep Button Empty Re: NEWS? : BAR offer Honda engines to Williams to keep Button

Mer 13 Juil - 12:34
Ouai ! On devrait y voir plus clair en août à mon avis !?

Mais je croyais que comme Toyota, Honda avaient annoncés qu'ils ne pourraient fournir une 2e écurie en 2006 ?! Trop tard, qu'ils disaient !
Intox ?

En tout cas je serai vraiment content qu'ils puissent garder Button. Car à part lui, je ne vois que Schumi ou Raikkonen de son niveau, mais ils sont pris !
Invité
Invité

NEWS? : BAR offer Honda engines to Williams to keep Button Empty Re: NEWS? : BAR offer Honda engines to Williams to keep Button

Mer 13 Juil - 14:04
Ca faisait un moment que cette rumeur avait disparue.

Si ça ressort, c'est qu'il y a une bonne raison.
Erwinminator
Erwinminator
Rang: Administrateur
https://honda-f1.forumactif.com

NEWS? : BAR offer Honda engines to Williams to keep Button Empty Re: NEWS? : BAR offer Honda engines to Williams to keep Butt

Mer 13 Juil - 18:35
muku a écrit:I've found this article. Is it true??? Rolling Eyes Our Japanese comentator also mentioned that Japanese manufacturers may supply engines to Williams, the other day. It means it may be Toyota or Honda...
Je pense que c'est seulement les réflexions personnelles du journaliste en question ???
muku a écrit:BAR offer Honda engines to Williams to keep Button
By Phil Huff - July 13 2005
A Honda engine deal would be worth in the region of $15 million, but BAR are prepared to spend far more than that to keep hold of Jenson. On top of the costs and logistical problems of an extra engine supply, the team are also ready to offer Jenson a $50 million contract over the next five years, propelling the Englishman to the top three earners in the sport.
icon_eek affraid Là, c'est vraiment beaucoup et si Button le signe, eh ben on ne pourra pas dire que l'écurie n'a pas tout fait pour le conserver ...
muku a écrit:It's understood that Williams now have the option to take Jenson for 2006, regardless of what the driver himself wants. A deal to swap engines for the driver could appeal to Williams as, as BAR's Nick Fry points out, "we have a Honda engine and we have Honda as half owners of the company and Williams don't appear to have an engine at the moment."

muku a écrit:BAR Honda's team chief Nick Fry is confident that BAR Honda will offer Jenson the chance he requires. "Jenson is a bright lad and he is not looking at today, he is looking at overall the next five years," said Fry.
Euhh ... Il n'y a pas comme une contradiction entre ces 2 affirmations là ???
Ou bien Button a vraiment les pieds et mains liés par Frank Williams, ou bien il a toujours le choix d'aller où il veut ?!! C'est pas très clair tout ça ...
Contenu sponsorisé